Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
Be sure you analyse the question well and paraphrase it in then the introduction. This kind of question asks in regards to the benefits and drawbacks and an essential word listed here is “ outweigh“. The question asks if advantages are stronger than the disadvantages and that means you need to give pay to write my essays your opinion here.
Some students just come up with the benefits only but this might be a wrong approach and you can lose marks. The essay will need balance. The first body paragraph could be in regards to the upside and the second body paragraph can be in regards to the downsides along with your opinion for the whole essay.
Plenty of students fail to give their opinion in this kind of essay, or possibly they just give their opinion briefly within the conclusion. Your position must be clear through the essay.
1. Analyse the question well paraphrase it then. Write your opinion when you look at the thesis statement. 2. Make sure you state your opinion when you look at the introduction, main body plus the conclusion. 3. Give specific examples throughout the essay but be cautious of giving information that is too much. Ensure that it stays simple and do not overly complicate it. 4. make certain the essay is balanced, not just currently talking about advantages only.
Here are 2 possible structures for this kind of task:
Note: Structures are only ideas to help you plan your essay out, there’s absolutely no special magic structure that can get you a Band 7, there are numerous techniques to structure an essay.
Some people believe that consumption tax on food products is a good method to raise revenue for the government.
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages with this policy
This kind of essay will not ask for your opinion, it is a lot more like a discussion essay you can see that the question does not ask : Do you think…? or Do you agree or disagree… so you need to write about pros and cons,? / What is the opinion ? So this is not asking a opinion that is direct.
First analyse the question and then paraphrase it. The essay needs to be well balanced just like in example 1 with explanations exactly how its an advantage or disadvantage. Don’t just speak about advantages, give both relative sides within the essay. The final outcome is merely a listing of the true points which you produced in the body paragraphs.
1. Analyse the question well paraphrase it then. 2. Give one example of the advantages in main body paragraph 1, after that provide an example of the disadvantages in main body paragraph 2. 3. Try not to give your opinion that is personal because question does not ask because of it. 4. Give good examples through the entire essay but be careful of giving too much information. Keep it simple, be careful about giving examples that are too many. 5. Be sure the essay is balanced, not just writing about advantages only.
The following is a structure that is good this sort of task:
These days with advances in technology more and more people are working at home.
Talk about the advantages and disadvantages for this and present your personal opinion
This essay type is fairly much like example 1, here you must give your opinion and discuss the benefits and drawbacks, the difference that is main to example 1 is that it generally does not mention the word outweigh. The main thing to watch out for could be the words Discuss and present your personal opinion. The same as in example 1 you ought to paraphrase the question, give a approach that is balanced the main body paragraphs and give your opinion in the introduction and again when you look at the conclusion.
The examiner needs to visit your opinion through the entire whole essay.
1. Analyse the question well then paraphrase it. 2. Give one example of the benefits in main body paragraph 1, after that provide one of these of the disadvantages in main body paragraph 2. 3. Make sure you state your opinion in the introduction, main body and also the conclusion. 4. Give specific examples in the essay but be cautious of giving information that is too much. Keep it simple. 5. Make sure the essay is balanced, not merely currently talking about advantages only.
What structure should I use?
Structures are simply ideas to help you plan your essay out , there isn’t any special magic structure that will enable you to get a higher score. I would suggest 2 body paragraphs for this sorts of essay you could use 3 main body paragraphs if you wish, no more than that.
- In main body paragraph 1 you can write about a benefit and explain it further, always remember to give a typical example of the advantage. If possible write on the end result of this advantage. Main body 2 is the identical, come up with one disadvantage with examples and details.
- You have to give your opinion into the introduction in the event that question asks for the opinion. You can also use the main body paragraphs to back your opinion up. You should rephrase your view into the conclusion also.
A key point to consider. Usually do not give too many examples or you might set off track, adhere to one advantage and one disadvantage and come up with those. You haven’t got time to get into a lot of detail or into tangents, don’t try to impress the examiner with too information that is much.
Plan your essay well, set aside ten minutes planning time, think of at the least one supporting point for the topic sentence in each main body paragraph.